Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

I decided to start a blog because I have seen a lot of others and I think it's a cute idea and a great way to relieve stress.  (Which I seem to be feeling a lot these days)  We have a lot going on over the next couple of months and years and what better way to keep everyone (who cares to read it) informed.  Also, I have come to find that I always seem to sort out my feelings by writing.  I will be at a loss for words but then when I just start typing, it all seems to flow.  It's a great way to get down to the nitty-gritty of things. 

Anyways to start out, we are getting married in less than 6 months.  Whoa.  In those 5 months I will be putting my house on the market, moving about 25 minutes away, and marrying and moving in with the man of my dreams...cheesiness, I know.  I'm so excited to get married and be able to see Brian everyday but also incredibly nervous about the change in lifestyle.  If this would have been 5, 6, 7 years ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about picking up and making a big change.  I think getting married at 30 and he will be 37 has some definite pluses but it makes it a lot harder to leave everything you are happy and comfortable with.  I have it kind of made right now to be honest.  I have a cute townhouse that I absolutely adore.  However, it's already a little tight with me and Roxy and Kitty.  The thought of throwing in a 90 pound German Shepherd and an overly active guy who likes to play in the dirt would officially make this townhouse a national disaster area.  Anyways, I live about 5 minutes from where I work and I live in a very convenient area of town.  I can get to a Walgreen's, Target, McDonald's, Panera, gym, Kroger, Lowe's all within less than 5 minutes.  The more and more time I spend up at Brian's, the more and more I realize that OK maybe that stuff isn't within 5 minutes...but not more than 10-15 minutes.  The other day I wanted Subway and I started to freak thinking I would have to drive 20 minutes to get a sandwich.  Brian was like um it's probably 2-3 minutes away.  Hyperventilating avoided.  Gosh I sound like a complete freak!  It's just uncertainty.  I know that in 6 months I will look back and think "what was I so worried about".  I just keep telling myself that.  It will be a big adjustment but the thought of seeing him everyday makes that worried feeling go away.  That will be AWESOME.  Anyways..that's enough for my first post.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment