Tuesday, June 19, 2012


What to write about. 


Well I started this blog a long time ago…I have wanted to get back at it and now, while I should be “working hard” right now it’s more lie “hardly working”.   I figured it would be a great time to start! 
I have now been married a little over a year.  I think (know) that both my husband and I would agree with the saying of “The First Year being the Hardest”.  We are both two strong willed people that have been used to getting “our way” for a very long time.  We are getting better with this, slowly but surely.   

Some random thoughts about our marriage so far…

1)      Knowing that even though my husband did quite well as a bachelor for almost 38 years, his life is so much more complete with me in it.  We were driving back from a little weekend get a way a few weeks ago and the song came on the radio “I’d be looking for a woman like you” by Lee Brice.  The song has always reminded me of us, and I didn’t even realize my husband listened to words of songs but the second the song came on, his first words were “this song so reminds me of us”.  And yep, from the line of “She knows what a mess I'd be if I didn't have her here” to “And not one throw pillow on the bed”, that song pretty much sums up our marriage.  We have a total of 9 pillows on our bed when completely made, just FYI.  It’s awesome.    

2)     We will make great parents and I think we will have a wonderful family.  I don’t think there are two people in this world that balance each other out the way my husband and I do. 

3)      I have realized that I have a lot of work to do on myself.  Not that I ever thought I was perfect or even close to it.  I think being married makes you realize that your perception of your own strengths and weaknesses are not at all accurate.  I’m not quite who I thought I was.  Before I was married, I used to think I was level headed….after being married for a year I can wholeheartedly say that’s not true, I really need to relax.  I also used to think of myself as kind of a hard ass.  While I know my husband shakes his head, rolls his eyes, etc when I am trying to save every helpless animal that I come in contact with, I know deep down he loves this about me.  Brian makes me feel like I am one of the most caring, sensitive (in a good way), empathetic people in the world.  And that makes me want to be even more “that way”.

4)     I have turned out to be a damn good cook.  More posts on this later…

5)     No matter how big the fight or how frustrated you are…being married is worth it.  As I stated earlier, I think both Brian and I would agree that the first year has been tough.  We have had a lot of adjustments, and still have many more to go.  But, even at the lowest point, I wouldn’t trade him or what we have for a second. 

6)       When people call me Mrs. Kehrer, I still feel the need to do that snort/laugh combo at them.  Sometimes I actually do it.  I don’t know why.  I’m almost 32 and still don’t feel old enough to be a “Mrs”.   

7)     In some alternate universe, if my husband was married to some other woman, I would be painfully jealous of her.   

So there are my random thoughts on our marriage for the day.  I will end with this….

What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together to strengthen each other in all labor, to minister to each other in all sorrow, to share with each other in all gladness, to be one with each other in the silent unspoken memories?
- George Eliot

…Getting there.  J






No comments:

Post a Comment